Blended Learning: Lifeguard Training (See Description)
Notes: ($85 non-refundable fee effective two weeks before class date)
There are 5 openings remaining at this time.
Class dates and times will be available by February 7, 2020 or sooner. Please check back for updated information. If you have questions please email Samantha at email@example.com.
** When enrolling for this class, use the name of the student who will be participating and become certified in the class and NO USD/school district emails please. Please send any class questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. **
Blended Learning: Lifeguard Training gives you the opportunity to complete part of the coursework online. The coursework covers the same materials covered in the full class. You will be contacted via email with login information and directions to complete the online content before the first in-class skills session. ONLINE COURSEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE IN-CLASS SKILLS SESSION. Please be sure to check your email frequently and ensure it's in working order. Certification requirements are as follows:
Part I: Complete online session by correctly answering at least 80% of the questions on the final exam, then bring printed final exam score to hands-on skills practice and assessment session.
Part II: Attend in person and demonstrate competency in the hands-on skills practice and assessment session.
Source: American Red Cross
**No textbook required and the date listed is for hands-on skills practice session. There is an $85 non-refundable fee effective two weeks before class date.
**Required CPR mask included in class fee.
**Prerequisites: candidates must
1) Be 15 years of age on or before the last scheduled day of class;
2) Swim 500 yards continuously using these strokes in the following order:
* 200 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick
* 100 yards of breaststroke using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick
* 200 yards of front crawl, breaststroke, or combination thereof
3) Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10 lb object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to starting point with both hands on the object and face above the water at all times. Certification requirements: demonstrate competency in all required skills, demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenarios, demonstrate level of maturity and responsibility consistent with Red Cross standards, and correctly answer at least 80% of questions on written exams.
Class times are subject to change, based on class ability.